From Monday 29 March we are able to resume offering our Video Advice Service from our four offices. The Video Advice Service is a COVID-secure service for local people. It is available as a drop in service.
The availability of our Video Advice Service is shown below, but is subject to change at short notice. If you find that an office is closed and would like an appointment, please drop a note with your name and contact details through the door so that we can get back to you. Alternatively please contact us by completing our enquiry form
|Location||Video Advice Service availability |
50 South St, Farnham GU9 7RN
|Monday – Thursday|
10am – 2pm
Village Way, Cranleigh GU6 8AF
10am – 2pm
Well Lane, Haslemere GU27 2LB
|Monday 10am – 1pm|
Tuesday 1pm – 5pm
Wednesday – Thursday 10am – 2pm
36 Bridge St, Godalming GU7 1HP
Tuesday – Friday
10am – 2pm
More about our Video Advice Service
- The Video Advice Service is for local people who do not have access to telephone or email, or whose information and advice needs cannot be met by our email or phone service and who can safely come to the office (with someone to support them if necessary). It is possible that appointments may be available immediately.
- Alternatively, support agencies or carers in Waverley can assist by alerting us of potential clients who cannot easily contact us via our enquiry form
- Access to the office can be gained by using the door intercom system
- Unfortunately, anyone who is exhibiting COVID symptoms will not be permitted to enter the office
- Infection control measures and equipment will be in place in the office including hand sanitiser at the entrance (which visitors will be required to use). All visitors will be directed to an interview room where they will access the advice they need via a video link to an adviser. They will be given clear instructions at all times.
We continue to provide advice for those with access to phone or email in the normal way:
What we do for you…
When you first visit us our adviser will give you a brief initial assessment so we can assess your problem. We will then decide on a course of action to help you resolve your issue or make an appointment for you.
How we help…
Our Advisers will research your options and look at the possible outcomes of different courses of action. They will not tell you what to do but encourage you to make your own decisions. They will help you to make informed decisions by advising on your specific needs and giving you the facts on which to base those decisions.
Our staff are trained to advise on virtually any issue including:
- Welfare Benefits
- Family and personal matters
- Immigration and nationality
CAB Advisers use all the latest information so that you are armed with the best and most accurate advice.
Our appointments last approximately 45 minutes. We recognise that unforeseen circumstances sometimes mean that clients are delayed, or even miss their booked appointment with us. Please let us know if you cannot make your appointment so we can offer it to someone else. Please see our Appointments Policy for more information.