Job Vacancy for Business Support Manager
4th December 2019
by manager in Jobs
Post: Business Support Manager
Salary: £22,613 pro-rata
Hours: 22.5 – 30 hours per week (12 months fixed term contract)
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Purpose of the post:
Working within the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service and the procedures laid down in the office manual to:
- Provide a responsive service that delivers high quality information and associated support services both internally and to our external stakeholders.
- Liaise with users of information to resolve problems, provide innovative ways of presenting information and develop new analyses to inform decision making.
- Manage and develop the use of the domestic abuse and HR systems throughout the various areas of the organisation.
- Manage the implementation of system upgrades and new functionality for the domestic abuse and HR databases.
- Take the lead in ensuring organisational compliance with GDPR.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the comprehensive collection, management and presentation of data.
- Provide complex and routine ad hoc data analyses and reports to various members of the organisation.
- Develop data extracts to meet the requirements of the organisation and external stakeholders.
- Take the lead for SLA monitoring, developing an expertise and understanding of targets and outcome measures.
- Develop new and different uses of information resources through investigative analysis and frequent liaison with key stakeholders.
- Manage the audit of system utilisation and performance and review KPI information to ensure the system remains performant and that all staff are using the system appropriately.
- Manage the deployment of system functionality to relevant teams.
- Act as main contact for supplier management
- To deliver training on key information systems as required.
Trustee Board Support
- Manage Board meeting schedule and associated room bookings.
- Oversee Trustee induction process, ensuring timely completion of associated documentation.
- Commission and distribute Board papers and minutes.
- Oversee the preparation of the Annual Report.
- Provide relevant support for the organisation’s HR Committee.
- Manage the day to day delivery of the organisation’s websites and internal communication content.
- Manage the organisation’s social media communications.
- Take a lead role in the organisation’s Communications Team providing relevant administrative support where appropriate.
- Carry out any other task within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service.
- A high level of numeracy.
- Excellent data presentation skills, written, graphical and verbal.
- Experience in the extraction, analysis and presentation of data from large, complex datasets.
- Skilled in using data query tools, spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrable experience in improving data quality.
- Ability to retrieve and process data from a variety of systems, understand the data structures within the systems and join extracted datasets into uniform outputs.
- Ability to perform complex data processing which requires data interpretation.
- Ability to utilise interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with staff at all levels.
- Ability to use own judgement to seek advice or refer issues upwards when unsure of the appropriate response.
- Experience of setting up and configuring information systems and associated functionality.
To apply, please download our paid-staff-application-form
Interview date: 13th January 2020