Telephone Assessors help clients get the right help in the fastest time possible. They assess people’s needs on the telephone and identify the most appropriate course of action. That might be self-help information, referral to a specialist organisation or an appointment with one of our Advisers.
Telephone Assessor’s tasks:
- Be the first point of access for clients when they call our telephone service number.
- Help with a wide range of problems and issues our clients face.
- Support the general public across all ages and backgrounds.
- Give information from our Citizens Advice online information system and other sources to our clients.
- Refer our clients to more specialist advice where needed.
- Keep records of all our clients cases on the database.
- Help prevent future problems for wider society by identifying issues that affect a lot of our clients.
Specific qualifications or experience are not required to train for the role. Training will be provided.
You need to:
- Be good at listening.
- Have good communications skills.
- Have basic computing skills and be confident inputting data.
- Be open minded and non-judgemental.
- Enjoy helping people.
If you are interested in applying or would just like to find out more, please complete our application form.